Sunday, January 20, 2019

Day 20


Tomorrow, Monday, January 21, is our national holiday dedicated to the memory of Martin Luther King.  The Rev. King was one of my childhood heroes, along with Muhammad Ali and Mickey Mantle.  Martin asked the people of America to give up hate based on skin color, a message ripe for that time.  Love can stomp hate and it did with the great sacrifice he made by laying down his life.
 
I grew up believing that because of Martin Luther King, America was changed, our social order was changed to the point that we could live together as one, not perfectly but the war was won.  That belief held sway until the arrival of Barack O’bama, a black man, and his cohorts, the radical left. 

All of the sudden, America is an overwhelmingly racist country, it is our evil identity, and everyone knows America is evil.  Or do we?  At least, according to the radical left who goes about calling everyone who disagrees with their politics, a confirmed racist.  There is no greater bully than the left who disparages the victory of MLK to only score political points. 

I voted for Barack in 2008 because I believed all his hype about governing from the middle and to benefit all Americans.  It was a lie, to him, governing is about directing the power of government, particularly the IRS and the Judicial Department, against O’bama political enemies.  This black man has taught me to hate, not on the basis of color but to hate the anti-American political left that has overrun the Democratic Party. 

Is my hate justified?  Yes, indeed!  Is my hate less than what God would have me be?  Yes, indeed.  Maybe, when the battle is over, I will listen.

G. Goslaw
Landers, Ca