Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Doctor Friends

Mr. G. Goslaw
7983 SVL Box
Victorville, CA. 92395

Dr. Natasha DeMattos
Loma Linda University Health Care
Neurology
11370 Anderson Street, Suite 2400
Loma Linda, CA. 92354

May 10, 2010

Dear Doctor DeMattros,

Thank you for the clinic appointment of April 14. This patient is grateful for the thorough neurological exam but my concern about a constant noise in my ears was not adequately respected, at least to this patient. In the last 30 days the noise has gotten louder. In the 60 days waiting for the appointment there was also an increase in volume. The volume has steadily progressed from about 5 months following surgery for the resection of a benign tumor, May 16 of 2008.

Your only suggestion was a referral to an ear, nose and throat physician. I have had two hearing exams at the VA in the last year. I do not have a hearing disorder, I have a neurological condition that must have a causation in my head. I will accept that you found the films presented were not instructive but it would seem that a 10 minute inspection of two sets of MRI exams to be slightly superficial. This patient is telling you there is a noise in my head and that it is post surgery. By your diagnosis you seem to be questioning my integrity. Are you this disrespectful toward the concerns of all your patients?

Going forward I would like an appointment with another neurologist, a second opinion. Possibly, he or she would be able to tell me that there is no way the noise could have a brain causation. I will never accept that as fact but I will try to exert additional patience with my Dr. friends. I am a novice at navigating the health care system so I would appreciate the advice of your office.


Kindest Regards,
G. Goslaw
Victorville, Ca.