Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Advice

Patricia Gonzalez
HR Manager
Daily Press
P.O. Box 1389
Victorville, CA. 92392

Glen Goslaw
7983 SVL Box
Victorville, Ca. 92395
760-221-0175

May 6, 2010

Dear Ms. Gonzalez,

Good morning, this note is an inquiry. I am semi-retired with some free time. Late in life I have discovered a desire to write and attempt to express my weird opinions. Some of my amateurish scribbles have been submitted to your editorial department over the last few years and all are recorded on my blog, (ggoslaw.blogspot.com). I am not a professional writer but write because it is fun.

Your add in the help wanted section for a general assignment reporter for the Desert Dispatch has tripped my curiosity. This is not an application for such an obviously professional staff position. However, are there special assignment positions available on a contract basis with your paper or within your industry? Contracting is familiar territory for I have many decades of contracting experience in the trucking business. If I provide a marketable product, I expect to be paid.

I am a college graduate with a life long interest in science, politics and religion. My only agenda is to promote a conservative view point but reserve the right to define conservatism. I am not a puppet or mouth piece for anyone else, especially any potential contractual relationship. Independent is the key word and one that I treasure.

Thank you for any advice that may be forthcoming.

Sincerely,
G.Goslaw
Victorville, CA.
(This letter has never been acknowledged)