Friday, May 6, 2022

Wakeup

 John 14: 19, 20. (NNIV)

Jesus is speaking to his disciples of the future without him.  The day of his departure had arrived and he was about to be ushered from this world.  The question is, is there a new reality in these words or the living out of an old potential?    

“Before long, the world will not see me anymore, but you will see me.  Because I live you also will live.  On that day you will realize that I am in my Father, and you are in me, and I am in you.  (John 14: 19 & 20.)

Could it be?  Jesus is hoping that his disciples will finally wake up to their spiritual potential.  Jesus expressed this potential as being “in” a relationship, a relationship that he knew had no boundaries, particularly those of the five senses. This spiritual potential has and always will be among us because we are all connected. However, our potential is rarely utilized.  We humans are, somehow, more comfortable spiritually blind.  Like the disciples at this critical hour, most of us need a nudge, what's yours?

G.Goslaw

Landers, CA